The church Madonna del Pilone (Our Lady of the Pillar) in Turin, between the river Po and the hills, derives its name from a column erected in 1587 in honor of the Virgin Mary. From 1644 it was considered miracolous and became an object of veneration: records show that in March 1645 a small chapel already existed on this site attracting large numbers of worshippers. The construction of the church began after 1645. The bell tower was added in 1787.
May 20, 2012
The City Hall of Turin was designed in 1663 by the architect Francesco Lanfranchi, and was the transformation of an existing medieval palace
The neogothic monument in front of the City Hall, erected in 1853 and representing Conte Amedeo VI di Savoia taking Gallipoli in 1366, is the work of Pelagio Palagi